But there’s no denying that it is strenuous to style. Just the thought of styling it for an event puts some of us in a daze. Before you get catatonic, here’s a solution – layers! Layers are perfect for all women with long hair as they make simple high ponytails and braids look oh-so-glamorous. They also make thin hair look luscious and voluminous. So, it’s no wonder that the layered cut is a trendsetter!
Contrary to what most women think, there are many ways to style a layered haircut. Read on to find out the best layered cut for you.
Before we get into that, here are a few ways you can cut your own hair in layers.
How To Cut Your Hair In Layers
Layers At The Back
- Comb your hair and detangle it thoroughly. If you have straight or fine textured hair, use a brush. If you have curly hair, use a wide-toothed comb.
- Flip your hair over and in front of you and tie it into a ponytail two inches below your front hairline.
- Brush your hair again and tie another elastic band where you want to cut your hair.
- Using a pair of scissors, cut your hair above the second elastic band. Place two fingers on either side of your hair, spreading it out evenly, and cut it straight across.
- If you want to feather your ends, hold the scissors straight and cut upwards. Be careful while doing this. I would recommend getting your hair feathered by a professional.
- Remove both the elastic bands, flip your hair back and brush it.
Layers At The Front
- Comb your hair and detangle it thoroughly. If you have straight or fine hair, use a brush. If you have curly hair, use a wide-toothed comb.
- Leaving out the front section, clip up all your hair. You can also take some hair from the sides.
- Allow the hair to fall on your face and brush it a few times.
- Take the hair in the center of this section and place a finger over and under it. Cut that section of hair straight.
- Keeping the center hair as the reference, and depending on how many side layers you want, cut the rest of your hair a few centimeters below that section.
- Once you’ve finished, brush the hair to make sure it is even. Part your hair the way you want to and unclip the rest of your hair.
Now that you know how to cut layers, let’s get into the part we all love. Here are 50 incredible layered hairstyles that you need to try.
1. Partial Highlighted Layers
Layers with lighter highlights help frame your face, adding more dimension to it. The light colors make it look slimmer. Layers also make your hair look voluminous and thick.
2. Champagne Layers
Layers with curls at the end can make your jawline appear softer than it is. If you have a square or diamond face, consider this layered hairstyle. The curls also make your hair look full and your face thin.
3. Wavy Layers
These standard layers help add volume and texture to your hair. If you have straight hair and your cheeks are the fullest part of your face, consider styling your hair in waves. This step will give your hair a fuller appearance.
4. Long Multi-Layers
Long hair with multiple layers adds dimension to your hair texture, making it look bouncy and thick.
5. Sun Touched Layers
Wavy hair with layers on the sides is an excellent way to add texture to your hair. You can see just how lush this layered hairstyle looks. The highlights and waves add a sun-kissed look to this gorgeous hairstyle.
6. Layers With Baby Bangs
Light layers in the front, coupled with baby bangs, can have a softening effect on your facial features. And you can highlight the features you want to draw attention to with the help of makeup.
7. Free Layers
Light layers on top and dark layers at the bottom help in framing your face. The light layers at the top help streamline your facial shape while the dark layers at the bottom help sharpen your jawline. This gives your face a chiseled look.
8. Volume V Layers
The V- layered cut is one of the most sought-after hairstyles all over the world. The best part about this hairstyle is that it is voluminous from below the face, which makes your face appear smaller than it is.
9. Golden Wavy Layers
Wavy blonde layers look incredibly stunning. The dark layers at the top add dimension to your hair, and the layers chisel the lower half of your face.
10. Natural Layers
Subtle layers on wavy hair add not only dimension but also volume and shine to your hair. Style this cut in a rich amethyst hue to rock an awesome jewel-toned look.